- The contest is open both amateur and professional photographers.
- There is no age limit for both subjects and photographers, but underage subjects must have their guardian provide their written consent to be part of the contest.
- Participants can use any type of camera (film or digital).
- Photos must have a size of at least 8R or 8 inches × 10 inches (203mm x 254mm) at 300 DPI or 2400 x 3000 pixels
- Photo entries must be related to sci-fi and fantasy films, TV series, comics, video games, books, manga, or anime.
- Photos may be black and white or colored.
- Photos must not contain any visible or invisible watermarks. All photos selected as semi-finalists will be properly labeled when displayed at NexCon.
- Participants can submit a maximum of five (5) entries.
- Photo entries should not have been published in any physical publication including but not limited to newspaper, magazine, and newsletter, nor entered in any contest prior to the NexCon Take Cover Photo Contest.
- Entries may be from a photo shoot or event, studio or outdoor setting.
- Entries must not show nudity or obscenity.
- Post-processing is allowed. Elements used in the post-processing must be either originally produced or public domain and/or royalty-free.
- Entries must be in the style of a comic book or graphic novel cover. The NexCon Logo must be prominently displayed on the cover as per example below:
- In case of photos having the same subject (same cosplayer and costume but different photographer), the judges will decide which one will be retained.
- Twenty (20) semi-finalists will be chosen and exhibited during NexCon Manila 3 and be eligible for final judging.
- Participants can register here: http://bit.ly/nexcon3takecover. Submission of entries will be from Feb 22, 2016 until March 27, 2016. All entries received after March 27, 2016 shall not be accepted.
- Selected photos will also be featured in the NexCon Cover Gallery at NexCon 3 on April 2 and 3, 2016.
- The organizers of NexCon Manila reserve the right to disqualify entries that do not follow the requirements or are deemed unsuitable for the contest.
- Judging Criteria is as follows:
- Photography: 40%
- Creativity: 40%
- Adherence to Theme: 20%
- The winners will receive the following:
- First place: Php3,000 worth of cash and prizes
- Second place: Php2,000 worth of cash and prizes
- Third place: Php1,000 worth of cash and prizes
- The judges’ decision shall be final and irrevocable.
- All participants will retain ownership of the photos they submitted. However, the organizers of NexCon Manila retain the right to publish the images in whatever media (whether physical or digital) for promotional purposes without any financial compensation to the photographer other than due acknowledgment.
You can download the NexCon logo here:
The NexCon Take Cover Guidelines is the sole property of NexCon Manila, its organizers and its parent company, Cosplay.ph and Stompworks.
The guidelines cannot be copied and/or replicated and/or reproduced for any other event and/or contest without the consent and/or permission from its parent owners.