- What is NexCon Manila?
NexCon Manila is the ultimate celebration of all things science fiction and fantasy, and a gathering of genre fans and creators from the Philippines and beyond.
- When will it be held, and where?
It will be held on April 2 and 3, 2016 at SMX Convention Center Manila (Mall of Asia Grounds), Pasay City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
The event proper runs from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM on both days.
- How much are the tickets?
The NexCon general pass is P350 per day, all access for the exhibitors’ areas and the main activity area. Given that NexCon is packed with activities, you’re sure get a bang for your buck.
The NexCon general admission pass may be purchased through SM Tickets.
General event etiquette
NexCon Manila aims to provide the best convention experience for all our guests. In light of recent concerns with safety and order, we would like to emphasize that guests are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct and Discipline, listed below.
Prohibited and Unauthorized Actions:
- Violation of any of the venue security rules and regulations. This includes noncompliance to authorized security checks, bringing in of prohibited materials as informed by the guards, and willful circumvention of the security policies.
- Uncooperative, disrespectful, and unruly behavior towards the convention organizers, officials, marshals, volunteers, and venue officials and security personnel.
- Physical or verbal threats, harassment, stalking, use of physical force, or any offense that causes disturbance or danger towards other convention guests.
- Use of boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language, such as sexually explicit language, profanity, obscene gestures, racist or religious slurs, which is likely to provoke a disturbance or done to enrage others.
- Any attempt to have an innocent person removed from the convention by falsely accusing them of harassment will be itself treated as an act of harassment and will be dealt with appropriately.
- Assembly of a group that results in disturbing the public peace or committing any unlawful acts or offensive behavior.
- Economic or solicitation activity within the convention areas that is not approved by NexCon Manila or does not comply to NexCon Manila’s rules for such an activity. This includes solicitation for donations, selling of unauthorized goods, unauthorized peddling of goods (e.g. without an exhibitor’s booth), or distribution of commercial advertising or promotional materials of any kind.
- Public display of any sign, whether for a costume prop or not, that are violates any of the items above (example, signs intended to advertise or incite disruptive actions). Unapproved signs will be confiscated and repeat offenses may lead to individuals being escorted out of the premises.
- Possession of any item that is deemed dangerous or can be used as a weapon, including but not limited to: firearms, explosives, clubs, knives, whips or any other objects that may place other convention guests in immediate danger or feelings of danger.
- Possession and consumption of any alcoholic beverages by minors. Possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages by adults is also not allowed, except within appropriate areas specifically designated by the organizers or venue officials. Adults caught in the act of providing these substances to minors or exhibiting obvious signs of intoxication are also subject to sanctions.
- Possession of any illegal substance or drugs, such as narcotics or marijuana. Simple possession is grounds for sanction and possible legal action.
- Smoking within the convention areas designated as non-smoking.
- Violation of any law or local ordinance. This is also grounds for possible legal actions.
NexCon Manila staff and personnel are authorized to enforce this Code of Conduct and Discipline. Violators may also be referred to the venue Security Office for further sanctions or legal proceedings, if necessary.
NexCon Manila and the venue reserves the right to refuse entry to any individual or group found in violation of these rules. Persons or groups who have been found to violate these may also be escorted out of the premises by authorized personnel.
As a guest, if you have a concern that another guest has been in violation of the above Code of Conduct, please do not take action on your own and refer the concern to one of the NexCon Manila marshals or venue security personnel. Disruptive or unauthorized action by a guest, even on behalf of this Code of Conduct, may result in corrective actions taken on said guest as well.
During the convention, information booths will be located at the event for questions, concerns or inquiries. If you need immediate assistance, please do not hesitate to approach anyone on the NexCon Manila staff or authorized security personnel.
NexCon Manila and its organizers reserve the right to modify and update this Code of Conduct at any time.
Additional Provision on Photography and Videography:
Photography and videography by attendees are generally allowed in all common areas of the convention, with certain exceptions. Special events, such as Meet and Greet sessions, may have their own rules and restrictions on video recording and photography. Please heed the rules accordingly.
When photographing or videotaping individuals or cosplayers, it is advisable to obtain permission first. If someone indicates that they do not wish to be photographed or videotaped, persistence in doing so may constitute harassment on the part of the photographer.
Video footage and photographs of the convention, events, and attendees will be gathered by official photographers and staff members, and may be used in commercial videos, marketing endeavors, or other media use by the NexCon Manila organizers. Attendance in the NexCon Manila event constitutes consent to be filmed or photographed by NexCon Manila official photographers and staff, approved industry, or media during the NexCon Manila events without compensation to you. This also constitutes a grant of rights to NexCon Manila to reproduce, display, distribute, perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise use any film or video footage that it affixes in any media and in any manner throughout the world in perpetuity, including on the internet, broadcast, satellite and other transmissions.
Photography or videography of the NexCon Manila event, staff, or attendees for the purpose of sale, or publication to the press is expressly forbidden unless expressly authorized by NexCon Manila organizers, per press registration and policy. Pictures and videotapes for private viewing are allowed. Please identify all images and video clips of NexCon Manila as such.
These rules apply to all attendees (exhibitors, guests, press, or any level of regular guests). All members of the press and staff are additionally required to conform to NexCon Manila’s policies.